3.23.2009

Little R & R- Camping in Grand Popo










This weekend 19 of us headed for a little rest & relaxation NE about 2 hours to a village called Grand Popo. We spent the weekend swimming in the ocean, sing and eating around a bonfire, sleeping on the beach under the stars, watching fishing canoes battle going out into the rip tide and hanging out camping at a little African Resort. A good time was had by all, 1 day was wayyyy too short. I seriously considered tying myself to a palm tree to stay behind in paradise for just a little while longer. I was feeling refreshed until I got sick again at the end of my time there...a bad sore throat/cold/cough that probably was never really recovered from my past two episodes this month. So I used my sick day off from work to update my blog :) I'm not sure where my immune system decided to take a vacation but I'm determined to regain it so I can make the most of the time I have left.